Kingston sets to reignite the SSD market in India with the launch of its entry-level NVMe SSD – Kingston NV1 NVMe PCIe SSD
Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], May 25: Kingston Technology, a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announces the launch of the NV1 NVMe™ PCIe SSD. With efficient performance in a single-sided M.2 design, NV1 is the ideal entry-level drive for first-time NVMe users with laptops and small form factor PCs.
NV1 is a substantial storage solution with capacities up to 2TB. It features read/write speeds up to 2,100/1,700MB/s1, respectively, thus delivering 3x the performance of a SATA-based SSD. NV1 uses less power, emits less heat, and has quicker load times making it ideal for users who appreciate the responsiveness and ultra-fast data access but have systems with limited space. NV1 is available in 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB capacities2 and is backed by a limited three-year warranty4, free tech support and legendary Kingston reliability.
“Kingston is pleased to announce the next entry-level offering in its NVMe PCIe SSD product family to meet the needs of our discerning users in India,” said Mr. Tejashwar Singh, India Sales Head, Kingston Technology. “Whether users are upgrading a system or planning a new build, NV1 is designed for speed and dependability at an affordable price. Going ahead as well, we will be bringing compelling products for our users and take ahead our credo of ‘Kingston Is With You’ to the next level.”
In 2020, Kingston shipped over 20M SSDs globally, according to analyst firm Forward Insights. The recent launch further demonstrates Kingston’s commitment to creating the industry’s most thoroughly tested and complete range of SSD solutions, from first-time users to prosumers to data center customers. To provide a compelling and versatile experience, Kingston consistently has come up with memory as well as storage solutions across mainstream (entry), high-performance (mid), and extreme gaming (high) segments. For more information visit kingston.com.
NV1 NVMe PCIe SSD is available across Kingston’s retail partners pan India and e-commerce partners – TataCliq, Paytm, MD Computers, TPS Technologies, Delta Page, ITGadgetsonline, Prime ABGB, and EZPZ Solutions
|NV1 Part Numbers|
NV1 Features and Specifications:
- NVMe PCIe Performance: NV1 offers read/write speeds up to 2,100/1,700MB/s1 (all capacities).
- Ideal for systems with limited space: Easily integrate into designs with M.2 connectors. Perfect for thin laptops and small form factor PCs.
- Multiple Capacities2: Available in a range of capacities up to 2TB to meet your data storage requirements.
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4 Lanes
- Capacities2: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
- 500GB – 120TBW
- 1000GB – 240TBW
- 2000GB – 480TBW
- Power Consumption:
- 500GB: 5mW Idle / 205mW Avg / 1.1W (MAX) Read / 3.3W (MAX) Write
- 1000GB: 5mW Idle / 220mW Avg / 1.1W (MAX) Read / 3.3W (MAX) Write
- 2000GB: 5mW Idle / 340mW Avg / 1.1W (MAX) Read / 3.3W (MAX) Write
- StorageTemperature: -40°C~85°C
- OperatingTemperature: 0°C~70°C
- Dimensions: 22mm x 80mm x 2.1mm
- Weight: 7g (All capacities)
- VibrationOperating: 2.17G (7-800Hz)
- VibrationNon-operating: 20G (20-1000Hz)
- Warranty/Support4: Limited 3-year warranty with free technical support
The SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads and is not intended for Server environments.