Kingston Technology Releases Insights on Gaming Ecosystem in India; Sheds Light on the Growing Need of PC Gamers for an Upgrade
India, September 20: Kingston Technology, a world leader of memory products and technology solutions, today released a gaming report for the Indian market. The survey interestingly noted that PC gaming continues to be heavily favoured by all gamers, with over 96.2% preferring PC gaming to over all platforms. The trend has led to gamers looking for an upgrade in their PCs for an exemplary gaming experience. Aimed at giving some compelling insights into the Indian gaming ecosystem, the survey insights encapsulate the changing trends in the Indian gaming market in light of the ongoing pandemic.
The key findings in the report include the following:
- Over 87% of the gaming population are under 30 years of age, with over 65.4% in the age group of 18 – 25 years, and the ‘over 40 years’ indulged in gaming comparatively much less than the younger audiences in India.
- 98.7% of all gamers were male, but the number of female gamers is steadily growing post-pandemic as a larger section of the population takes onto gaming.
- Close to 40% of gamers spend over 20 hours per week on gaming, with almost 19% of all gamers spending over 40 hours per week on gaming.
- PC gaming continues to be heavily favoured by all gamers, with over 96.2% preferring PC gaming to all over platforms. Among all the gaming platforms, FPS (First Person Shooter) games like CS:GO, Overwatch was preferred by 83.5% of all gamers, while Action-Adventure games ran a distant second with about 46.4% opting for these games
- Over 75.5% of all gamers preferred CS:GO, with PUBG and Call of Duty coming a close second and third in preference with 45.6% and 43.5%
Commenting on the launch of the report, Mr. Tejashwar Singh, India Sales Head, Kingston Technology, said, “The entire Indian Gaming ecosystem has seen a boom in the last few years. Quite recently, the COVID-19 pandemic has also triggered myriad changes in our lifestyle in general, with regards to habits and lifestyle, among other things. Gamers are now spending more time browsing and playing games, which in turn need them to focus more on best-in-class technology for gaming. We at Kingston have always ensured that the gamers are ahead of the curve through our products, solutions, or insights. Our recent launch of Kingston FURY range for the gamers, and this survey is a testimony to the same, hence enabling them a power-packed performance.”
Taking into consideration the ever-evolving needs of the gamers for upgrade, and changing gaming ecosystem in the country, Kingston Technology has recently announced the launch of its high-performance memory brand in India- Kingston FURY. The insights from the gaming survey, helped the company connect with the gaming community, and work towards coming up with products that unleash a gaming beast in them through the Kingston FURY line-up.
The compelling Kingston FURY range–Kingston FURY™ Renegade, Kingston FURY Beast, and Kingston FURY Impact, is best for all types of gaming requirements. Whether it is pro-gamer seeking extreme speed and performance or gaming enthusiast looking for affordable overclocking solutions, Kingston FURY can give their systems the upgrade they need and want with modules in DDR4 RGB, DDR4 non-RGB, and DDR3.
- Kingston FURY Renegade-Perfect for the gamer who wants cutting-edge performance, KingstonFURY Renegade DDR4 RGB1 allows you to crank up your frame rate, keep your streams broadcasting smoothly, and plow through your highlight reel editing. Offering speeds up to 4600MHz2 paired with quick CL15-CL19 latencies.The dynamic RGB lighting utilizes Kingston FURY‘s patented Infrared Sync Technology™ to provide smooth, synchronized lighting effects. With its own aggressive, stylish black heat spreader and matching black PCB KingstonFURY Renegade DDR4 also provides ultra-fast speeds up to 5333MHz2, paired with quick CL13-CL20 timings. Both are Intel® XMP certified with profiles that are optimized for Intel’s latest chipsets – just select the hand-tuned profile in your BIOS and you’re ready to strike fear in the hearts of your foes. Available in single module capacities of 8GB – 32GB and kits of 2, 4, and 8 with capacities up to 256GB
- Kingston FURY Beast- Kingston FURY Beast DDR4 RGB and Kingston FURY Beast DDR4 provide powerful performance boosts for gaming, video editing, and rendering with speeds up to 3733MHz and CL15–19 latencies. Those looking for a cost-efficient upgrade will have the option of the smooth and stunning lighting effects of Kingston FURY Beast DDR4 RGB. Available in single module capacities of 8GB–32GB and kit capacities of 16GB–128GB. Or the stylish low-profile heat spreader design of Kingston FURY Beast DDR4, available in single module capacities of 4GB–32GB, and kit capacities of 8GB–128GB. Both feature Plug n Play automatic overclocking at 2666MHz3 and are Intel XMP ready and ready for AMD Ryzen™. DDR3 kits also available.
- Kingston FURY Impact – Fully equip your notebook or small form factor machine with Kingston FURY Impact SODIMM to minimize system lag and open up a world of detail. Intel XMP ready and ready for AMD Ryzenin capacities up to 64GB, Plug N Play Kingston FURY Impact DDR4 auto overclocks to the highest frequency published, up to 3200MHz3, to support Intel and AMD’s latest CPU technologies. Install the sleek black PCB for a hassle-free boost, no need to tinker with the BIOS and still run cool, quiet, and efficiently, thanks to Kingston FURY Impact DDR4’s low 1.2 voltage. DDR3 also available in speeds up to 1866MHz.
Kingston FURY’s DRAM line gives you the best of both worlds: extreme performance and maximum peace of mind with 100-per cent factory testing at speed and backed by a lifetime warranty and over 30 years of expertise.