TANSIM awarded 9 million to 9 early-stage startups of Villgro
TANSEED 3.0 winners :Winning startups stand a chance to receive follow-on investment support of up to 5 million from Villgro
August 16: Villgro recently announced nine early-stage startups as winners of TANSEED 3.0, an initiative by Tamil Nadu Startup and Innovation Mission (TANSIM). TANSIM empanelled Villgro—a pioneer in catalyzing social innovation and scaling up social enterprises in India as the acceleration partner to discover and support startups working in Agriculture, Climate Action and Livelihood sectors.
TANSEED is a Grant Program by TANSIM, which serves as the policy implementation agency under the MSME Department, Government of Tamil Nadu.
The selected startups will receive financial assistance of 1 million each by TANSIM and follow-on investment support of up to 5 million by Villgro. Currently, the startups have been awarded the first tranche of 500k. They will get access to diagnostic panels, mentoring, and market links among many other capacity-building initiatives. Meanwhile, Amazon Web Services (AWS), the technology partner will provide technical support and up to $100,000 cloud credits to the winning startups.
Learn about the winners:
- DbyT Dynamic Mobility Solutions is a hyperlocal and last-mile delivery service platform that provides delivery executives with electric vehicles for quick commerce, E-commerce, D2C, SMEs and others.
Based out of Tiruchirappalli, DbyT Dynamic Mobility Solution has managed to generate a revenue of 1 million.
- Paraclete Image Labs develops reading and accessibility solutions for differently abled people. Paracelete has developed ‘Prakash’, a multilingual offline solution for the visually challenged. The solution can be customized based on requirements and has 7000 product users.
Winners: Climate Action
- Samudhya Waste Chakra offers products that reduce water footprint, reuse minerals from human urine and generate green fertilizers
- Green Delight Innovations converts bast fibre into pulp to create sanitary pads. The fibre from the stem is extracted and processed so that it is suitable for feminine hygiene products. Green Delight Innovations has a 25,000 customer base in India.
- Fresh Room Lifesciences transforms organic waste into valuable products like Protein, Functional Fats, Chitin and Fertiliser by using edible insect larvae.
- Transit offers a digital supply chain platform to enable agribusinesses to operate effectively for better market linkage and higher growth.
- Keera Kadai Ventures focuses on re-inventing traditional greens and introducing them to a modern diet to deliver value-added greens to customers. Keera Kadai Ventures has a globalized e-commerce platform in 150 countries.
- Ariviya Deep Tech offers a solution to prevent Mastitis, a microbial infection over the udder of milking cows, which can be used as a spray or teat dip after each milking time. Ariviya Deep Tech expects to create a better impact on farmers, cooperative dairy sectors, medium dairy farms, etc.
- Infinite Inland Farmers offers Biofloc technology, a unique technology for intensive fish farming which requires minimum water and land.
“The startup ecosystem in Tamil Nadu has immense potential to catalyze livelihoods and create social impact. TANSEED is playing a pivotal role in enabling this by providing early-stage financing gaps & bridging the funding gaps to cultivate and support research & innovations – from idea to marketplace. Villgro will provide Go-to-Market acceleration support to winners and handhold them to raise capital from the downstream investors”
- Mohammad Azhar, Lead – Government & Public Sector Initiatives